Many people don’t know how culturally rich Central Europe is. That even sometimes includes ourselves! That is why we decided to invite you to share your photos from your holidays in Central Europe and participate in our contest.
The prize is perfect for those who love to take pictures: Instax Mini 11! What does one have to do to join our contest?
- By 30 September 2022, on your Instagram profile, publish a photo from your holiday stay in one of the Three Seas countries showing its architectural, cultural, or culinary values
- Add the hashtags #EuropeanHolidays and #EuropeanHeart
- Tag our Instagram profile @3seaseurope
We will choose the most creative and original photos. Read the detailed rules of the competition below.
COMPETITION REGULATIONS called “Holidays in Central Europe”
§1 General provisions
- These Rules lay down the terms and conditions of participation in the “Holidays in Central Europe” Competition (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”), organised by Fundacja Instytut Jagielloński (the Jagiellonian Institute Foundation), with its registered office in Warsaw at ul. Marszałkowska 84/92, 115, 00-514 Warsaw, registered in the register of associations, other social and professional organisations, foundations and public health care centers maintained by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Commercial Division, under KRS number: 0000234639, NIP: 5262889276 (“Organiser”).
- The content of these Regulations is made public and will be available until the Competition is settled:
§2 Purpose of the competition
The purpose of the Competition is:
- to select the winners of the Competition, in order to present their holiday photos on the Organizer’s website: www.3seaseurope.com (“3SeasEurope Portal”), as well as on 3SeasEurope’s social media at www.instagram.com (“Instagram”) and www.facebook.com (“Facebook”);
- the promotion of the Three Seas Initiative, which consists of the following countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia (“Three Seas States”), in terms of tourism attractiveness.
§3 Subject of the competition
- The subject of the Competition is to create a work (“Competition Work”), consisting of a photo, in .jpg or .png extension, depicting the Competition Participant or third parties during a holiday stay in one of the Three Seas States, promoting a place, a city or a region of the Three Seas as an attractive tourist destination, with particular emphasis on its architectural, cultural and culinary values.
- The use of images of the Competition Participant and third parties in the Competition Work must be made after fulfilling the prerequisites of the legality of processing the image of these persons resulting from the provisions of the Act on Copyright and Related Rights (Journal of Laws of 2019, item 1231, as amended) and from Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation hereinafter: ‘RODO’) (OJ EU. L 119 of 4 May 2016, p. 1). It is the responsibility of the entrant submitting the Competition Work to ensure that the obligations under the aforementioned legislation are met.
- Competition Work must not violate generally applicable laws or third-party rights, in particular copyright, image rights and personal rights of third parties, as well as generally accepted moral norms.
- The Organiser reserves the right to exclude from the Competition Works which do not comply with these Regulations, contravene the law, the rules of ethics or for any other reason make them unsuitable for public presentation by the Organiser.
- The submitted Competition Works must be the result of the individual work of the Competition Participants, who are entitled to full copyrights to the Competition Works, free from any legal defects, encumbrances or claims of third parties, in particular those resulting from the regulations concerning copyright, intellectual property protection and personal data protection.
§4 Conditions for participation and entry
- Only a person of full legal age and with full legal capacity, as well as a public account on Instagram, may be the Competition Participate.
- Employees of the Organiser or persons collaborating with the Organiser on a basis other than employment relationship, as well as members of their families, are not allowed to participate in the Competition. Family members are understood as spouse, ascendants, descendants, affinities and persons in an adoption relationship.
- The condition for entering the Competition is to publish, by 30 September 2022 until 11:59 p.m., on one’s account on Instagram, an author’s photo, in .jpg or .png extension, depicting the Competition Participant or third parties during a holiday stay in one of the Three Seas States, promoting a place, a city or a region of the Three Seas as an attractive tourist destination, with particular emphasis on its architectural, cultural and culinary values, using the hashtag “#EuropeanHolidays #EuropeanHeart” and tagging the Organiser’s profile on Instagram, as well as indicating the place, city or region which is the subject of the Competition entry (“Competition Work”). By entering the Competition, the Participant declares that the Competition Work is the result of his/her individual creativity, is free from any legal defects, encumbrances or claims of third parties, in particular those resulting from copyright regulations, intellectual property protection and personal data protection, and that he/she has full copyrights to it.
- Entering the Competition is tantamount to accepting these Terms and Conditions and agreeing to the terms and conditions of participation, as set out in the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, with which each Participant is obliged to familiarise themselves.
- Participation in the Competition is voluntary and free of charge.
- The costs of creating and delivering the Competition Work shall be borne by the Participant submitting the Competition Work himself.
§5 Organization and course of the competition
- The Competition Works will be assessed by the Competition Committee referred to in § 6, considering the assessment criteria set out in § 7.
- The Organiser shall not be responsible for the inability to contact the Participants selected in the Competition. In such a situation, the Organiser may decide to award a particular place to a Competition Participant who has been awarded another place in the Competition.
§6 Competition Committee
- The Competition Committee consists of 5 members.
- The members of the Competition Committee are appointed by the Organiser.
- The Competition Committee consists of employees of the Organiser or other persons designated by the Organiser.
§7 Assessment criteria
- The Competition Committees shall be guided by the following criteria in assessing the Competition Works:
- relevance of the subject matter – 25%;
- ingenuity and originality – 25%;
- workmanship – 25%;
- artistic merit and creativity – 25%.
- The Competition Committee will select up to five (5) of the highest scoring Competition Works (“Winners”), as well as an unlimited number of Honorable Mentions.
- The Competition Committee is independent in its assessment and selection of the Winners.
§8 Announcement of Competition results
The results and announcement of the Winners of the Competition will be made public:
- by posting on the Organiser’s website: 3seaseurope.com;
- by posting on the social media profiles of 3SeasEurope on instagram.com and on the profile and group “Central European Wanderlust” on www.facebook.com;
- at the Organiser’s headquarters.
- The awards in the Competition will be Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 cameras, together with a set of 50 cartridges (instant film).
- The Organiser reserves the right to award Honorable Mentions in the Competition.
- The Award cannot be exchanged for a cash prize or any other prize in kind.
- The Organiser is the sponsor of the Awards.
- The Awards shall be awarded to the Winners in accordance with the results of the Competition Committee’s assessment conducted according to the criteria specified in § 7, by 30 September 2022 at the latest. The award of the Award shall be conditional on the conclusion of the Agreement referred to in § 12 par. 5.
- Information regarding the exact date, place and form of the presentation of the awards in the Competition will be communicated to the Winners of the Competition together with the announcement of the results of the Competition referred to in § 8. Due to the special solutions connected with the prevention, prevention and combating of the COVID-19 pandemic, other infectious diseases and emergencies caused by them, the presentation of awards in the Competition may take place by sending the awards via a postal operator.
- Proof of delivery of the award will be provided by an acknowledgement of receipt in person recorded in the record or acknowledgement of delivery.
- Winners of the Competition are not entitled to transfer the right to obtain the award to third parties.
- The Organiser shall not be liable for any impossibility or hindrance in the presentation of the award due to reasons attributable to the Participant selected as the Winner of the Competition.
§10 Rules on exclusion and cancellation of the Competition
- The Competition will not be open to participation:
- Competition Works marked in a manner that does not allow for the identification of the Participant submitting the Competition Work;
- Works submitted after the deadline specified in § 4 par. 3;
- Competition Works that are inconsistent with the present Regulations, contrary to the law, principles of ethics or for other reasons making them unsuitable for public presentation by the Organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Competition, at any time, in the event that:
- no Competition Work is submitted;
- all the Competition Works submitted do not meet the conditions of the Regulations;
- the number of submitted Competition Works which meet the conditions of the Regulations does not exceed 30;
- a situation beyond the Organiser’s control occurs which makes it impossible to complete the Competition.
§11 Personal data
- The administrator of the personal data of the Competition Participants is the Organiser (hereinafter: “Administrator”). Personal data is processed in accordance with the provisions of EP and Council Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“RODO”).
- The provision of personal data is voluntary but necessary and required to participate in the Competition.
- The Administrator processes the Contest Participants’ data to the following extent: first name, surname, contact details (e-mail address, address of residence and telephone number). In relation to the winners of the Competition, the Administrator may also process personal data in the scope of the PESEL number.
- The Administrator processes personal data for purposes related to the execution of the Competition, including in particular:
- for the organisation and execution of the Competition, i.e. acceptance of the Participant’s Entry and for contact purposes (legal basis: consent of the data subject, i.e. Article 6(1)(a) RODO). By sending the Entry, the Participant takes an explicit action confirming his/her consent to the processing of his/her personal data;
- in order to fulfil the Administrator’s legitimate interests, i.e. the marketing and promotion of the services offered by the Administrator as the organiser of the Competition during and after the Competition, as well as to establish and pursue possible claims (legal basis: fulfilment of the Administrator’s legitimate interests, i.e. Article 6(1)(f) RODO);
- in order to fulfil the Administrator’s legal obligations as Competition organiser, including in particular the financial and tax settlement of the prizes awarded (legal basis: fulfilment of a legal obligation, i.e. Article 6(1)(c) RODO).
- By providing personal data, the Participant, in the event of taking any place in the Competition, agrees to the publication of the Participant’s name and surname and the submitted Competition Work in the form of a video recording in the communication channels used by the Organiser, in particular on the Organiser’s website 3seaseurope.com and on the social media profiles of 3SeasEurope on the portal www.instagram.com and on the profile and in the group “Central European Wanderlust” on the portal www.facebook.com.
- The Administrator may share Participants’ data with entities providing services to the Administrator, including in particular IT, hosting, legal or accounting services.
- The Participants’ personal data will be processed for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected. In the case of the winners of the Competition, the data will be processed for the period resulting from tax regulations, i.e. 5 years.
- The Participant has the right to request access to his/her personal data, i.e. to obtain confirmation from the Administrator as to whether he/she is processing personal data and the right to obtain access to such data (including their rectification or immediate deletion if legally justified); their rectification, deletion, restriction of processing, data transfer, and the right to object to the processing to the supervisory authority (i.e. the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection, ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warsaw). In addition, in a situation where data is processed on the basis of consent, the Participant has the right to withdraw the granted consent at any time (unless specific provisions impose a further obligation on the Administrator to process the aforementioned data). The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out before its withdrawal.
- The Administrator is obliged to erase personal data provided that the personal data are no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected and/or the consent on which the processing is based has been withdrawn and/or there is no other legal basis for the processing. It is not possible to exercise the right to erasure of personal data in particular if the Administrator is obliged by law to continue processing personal data to the extent specified by the relevant legislation or for the purposes necessary to establish, assert or defend claims.
- The Administrator declares that Participants’ data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and will not be subject to profiling mechanisms.
- In matters related to data protection, Participants may contact the Administrator by sending a message by post to the Administrator’s registered office address or by e mail: email@example.com.
- Each Participant in the Competition assures that the Competition Work is the result of that Participant’s individual creation and that he or she is entitled to full copyright, free from legal defects, encumbrances or claims of third parties, in particular those resulting from regulations concerning the protection of intellectual property.
- In the event of any claims being made by third parties in respect of the Organiser’s use of the Competition Works, the Participant concerned will be obliged to take, at his/her own cost and risk, all legal steps to ensure that the Organiser is duly protected against third party claims. In particular, the Participant will be obliged to replace the Organiser or, if this is not possible, to join on the Organiser’s side in any proceedings against the Organiser. The Participant shall also undertake to compensate the Organiser for any costs that the Organiser may incur or be obliged to pay to a third party in connection with a claim or lawsuit under copyright law brought by that third party as a result of the Organiser’s use of the Competition Works.
- Upon entering the Competition, each Competition Participant grants the Organiser a free non-exclusive license to use the Competition Work, with the right to grant sub-licenses, in perpetuity, without any territorial limitations, i.e. both in Poland and abroad, in the following fields of exploitation and in the following manner:
- in the scope of recording and permanent or temporary multiplication of the Work – production of any of its copies by any technique, including magnetic recording technique and digital technique;
- in the scope in which multiplication of the Work is necessary for its introduction, display, use, transmission and storage – recording and multiplication without quantitative limitation by any techniques existing on the date of concluding the Agreement, including printing, printing, reprography, IT, digital – including photocopies and slides, CDs, memory cards, in part or in whole;
- for the multiple use of the work;
- for putting the work into computer memory in part or in whole;
- for the reproduction of the work at any place and at any time, in any number, in part or in whole;
- for the dissemination of the work by any other means, including displaying, publishing part or all of the work;
- within the scope of distribution of the Work in a manner other than specified above – public performance, exhibition, display, reproduction and broadcasting and re-broadcasting, as well as making the Work available to the public in such a manner that everyone can have access to it at a place and time of their own choosing;
- to translate, adapt, rearrange or make any other changes or modifications.
- The Competition Participant agrees to use the elaborations of the Competition Work and grants to the Organiser, under the license granted, the right to authorise the exercise of derivative copyrights to the Competition Work and its elaborations.
- At the moment of settling the Competition, the winners of the awarded Competition Works, as well as the authors of the awarded Competition Works, will be obliged to transfer to the Organiser, free of charge, the proprietary copyrights to the Competition Work, under the principles specified in par. 3, together with the rights referred to in par. 4, in the form of a written agreement.
§13 Final provisions
- The Organiser declares that the Competition is not a game of chance, lottery, betting, aid lottery, the results of which depend on chance, or any other form of game of chance provided for in the Act of 19 November 2009 on games of chance (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 2094, as amended).
- These Rules are the only document defining the rules of participation in the Competition.
- During the Contest, the Organiser reserves the right to change the provisions of the Rules at any time, if this does not affect the conditions of participation in the Competition.
- The Organiser will not be responsible for any entries that do not reach him due to reasons beyond his control, including, but not limited to, internet connection failures or failures of the Participant’s equipment.
- In matters not regulated by the Competition Regulations, generally applicable provisions of law shall apply, including the Civil Code and the Act on Copyright and Related Rights.
- The person authorised to contact the Competition Participants with all questions concerning the Competition Regulations and the Competition, is Karolina Buczkowska (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Organiser will keep the documentation of the Competition for a period of 5 years from the date of Competition settlement in a manner guaranteeing its security.