Poland: Delivery Giant Inpost has Acquired a 30% Stake in Menzies Distribution

In a major push to expand its UK footprint InPost has invested £49.3m in the British logistics heavyweight.


InPost, a leading Polish delivery firm, has invested £49.3 million for a 30% stake in Menzies Distribution, a British logistics company. This transaction provides InPost with an option to buy the rest of the 70% stake in the next three years. InPost CEO, Rafał Brzoska, highlighted that this partnership makes a unique provision for 360-days-a-year nationwide parcel delivery, a capability unmatched by even Amazon in the UK. Menzies has a wide operation network that includes 100 branches, multiple sorting facilities, and an extensive fleet of over 3,200 vehicles, employing 5000+ staff. The agreement allows InPost to obtain two seats on the board, offering it a say in strategic planning. According to InPost Group CFO, Adam Aleksandrowicz, this collaboration could stimulate the fast growth of the parcel locker network across the UK, with an ambitious goal of establishing 15,000 lockers within the next five years. 

Source: notesfrompoland.com

Jakub Warzecha

Creative copywriter, archaeologist. Interested in history, technology and military matters. Specializes in marketing communications and application architecture design.

Latest from News