The Estonian firm, Biometaan OÜ, and its Finnish counterpart, Convion, have begun selling fuel cell-powered mobile power plants in the Baltic region. This groundbreaking technology leverages biomethane extracted from slurry produced at the Siimani farm in Koksvere, Viljandi County. Ahto Oja from Biometaan OÜ heralds this as a step toward the future of renewable energy, as using slurry for biomethane production reduces CO2 emissions by 179% compared to traditional manure fermentation processes. The Convion C60 solid oxide fuel cell is one of the first of its kind, offering an electrical efficiency of 60% and heat energy accounting for another 25% of output, resulting in a total efficiency of 85%. Additionally, unlike wind and solar, the co-generation plant can provide energy round the clock.